Monday, November 5
Bring something to share if you are able.
- Discussion from 6 – 8.
- Share what you know about candidates and issues. Learn from your neighbors. Bring your ballots. We’ll provide stamps. Bring the kids, we’ll have childcare.
- Questions? Contact POWER at 360-352-9716
Like us on Facebook.
POWER is an organization of low-income parents and allies advocating for a strong social safety net while working toward a world where children and caregiving are truly valued, and the devastation of poverty has been eradicated.
If you live closer to Seattle:
WA Poor People’s Campaign Ballot Party
· Hosted by Washington Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival
Come out for food, fun, and fellowship with the WA Poor People’s Campaign. We will come together and learn about the issues facing our communities and the candidates that are up for election. Please feel free to bring your ballots and fill them out there if you wish. This is a non-partisan gathering. You are welcome to bring a dish to celebrate this important time in our history.
1. Message from the Children’s Alliance – Vote for Kids!
2. Glen Morgan plays dirty politics in this election and in past.
3. Call to action – Submit a public comment opposing Trump’s immigration policies.
4 and 5. Spend Saturday in downtown Olympia – 2 great events – Olympia Food Co-op Annual Meeting and Stonewall Youth Dance Party.
6. Article – Winter Is Coming, and Fuel Costs Will Hit the Poor the Hardest